Isabella Is born

Friday, October 23, 2015

On October 21 2015, at 3:59, during Real Madrid vs PSG in the champions league, little Isabella was born.  Two days before Monica started having a lot of pain in her back and contractions.  On October 20th we went to the hospital, paid 110 pesos for the remis because Monica couldn't walk.

They monitored Monica for an hour or so and then said it was still to early and we should go home.  So we took the bus 41 back home.  Monica felt relieved that there wasn't any issues and she felt better.  The next morning Monica told me she didn't sleep at all and she had contractions all night.  We had a scheduled stress test with Doctor Manrique so at 11:00 we decided to leave for the hospital.  Again Monica couldn't walk so we took another remis.  We got to the hospital and let the doctors know that Monica was at 38 weeks and had had contractions all night.  They took her to a little room called the pre-parto room.  I waited outside figuring they would let us leave later.  The nurse, after about an hour, came into the hall and said I need to go and sign Monica in.  So I went and registered Monica.  I came back and waited in the hall.

The nurse came out and said I should go in and change. I said why change, but then I figured ok I guess this is happening.  I changed into the green doctors scrubs and went back into the room.  Monica was already in the labor room with her epidural.  I sat beside her for a while and finally the doctor came and said it was time.

My job was the head holder.  Monica was in a lot of pain and asked for more pain medicine.  They gave her some.  After some more contractions and pushing the doctor said its time to deliver.  So they go the stirrups ready and the bed handles and we were ready to go.  Monica's hands were numb and she said she could grip her legs to push.  She pushed and pushed and it looked like it was hurting.  I was basically lifting weights fighting her head. The official head holder is not an easy job.  But I figured I wouldn't complain.

After some agonizing pushes the doctor got the suction.  And sucked Isabella out.  The doctor told me to look, and I looked and saw her head.  She was slimy.  Then Monica held her and then I guess they cut the cord.  I went into a little room and the measured and cleaned her.  It was pretty amazing.  After that I changed and went to our room where I waited for Monica and the baby.  We spent one restless night together at the hospital.  The next day everything was all good.

I spent that night at home and slept pretty well.  The next day I went back to the hospital and they gave us the all clear.  After rounding up all our gear we left the hospital in a remis.










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Do you like me?

Like us on Facebook