Our little nephew Simon

Friday, August 15, 2014

As a newly married couple Monica and I are starting to feel the vibe that all young newly weds feel. A vibe or expectation everyone else feels on behalf of newly weds is also felt. Kids... As Monica and I do not have kids of our own we get to play the role of the cool uncle and aunt. Monica's sister Andrea had a baby almost two years ago and he is a cute little kid, easy for an uncle to say, as I don't have to deal with changing diapers, tantrums, or other baby related problems. My only job with little Simon is to make him like me.

Therefore my only job with Simon is to play on the floor with him, help him race his little cars, and trucks, pick him up, and give him books to tear up. He loves trains, and to come and visit his cool uncle John he gets to ride in the train. Fortunately for Simon not only does he get to ride in the train but he also gets to see trains as they pass by the apartment window. It is easy to know when a train passes because Simon flutters his little hands, and makes a panting noise. He loves watching the trains and I imagine would look out the window for hours.

Recently Simon has grown in confidence and now likes to climb on me and give me kisses. He also likes to push me over when I'm sitting on the floor and climb on my back. Unbeknown to his parents and his aunt Monica he is also learning English with me. He is going to be a smart kid. It is fun and interesting to watch him grow up and develop his motor skills. Perhaps some people might say this is good training for a future son of our own. Who knows?

 

 

His very first Argentina jersey

 

 

 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yes good practice for your own son (or daughter) someday! No pressure but I can hardly wait to buy him his first Barca jersey!!!! Ha Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

Do you like me?

Like us on Facebook